Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Puffs

I am slow!!  

It takes me a long time to warm up to trends.  

Take damask...
This wasn't an "I hate it type item" but I was just behind.

Now I am a freak for damask.  

Obsessed 

I LOVE it. 
I want to wallpaper my whole house in it.



Wasn't that way for me with animal prints.
I HATED animal prints

uggg! 
     puke! 
          blech!

Now I am warming up to it and even beginning to adore zebra prints.


speaking of warming up...
I am still warming up to leg warmers,
BUT
I adore leggings (wasn't always the case)

But this little item I had never even seen or heard of...

Marabou Puffs!


But once I was made aware of them I figured I would try making them!

I just bought a Marabou Boa and cut off a 2 inch{ish} piece, rolled it into a circle and hot glued the ends to a partially lined clip.



Now the true test is if they will hold up to my toddler tornado!
I'll get back to you on that!

They would be so sweet in pigtails!


They remind me of Harry Potter

You know, what Ginny's Pygmy Puff would look like.

 

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

So CUTE! I love the puffs, I have never even seen them. I am all over the flowers and bows so I need to go out and make me one. Sounds super easy.

I too am in love with Damask, I just bought a couple of yards in various colors that I don't know what quite to use them on. I don't want to just waste it, but if I never use it then what is the point! I just need to get brave and pick a project.

I love your blog by the way! You are so talented!

Darci said...

very cute! i'm glad you like them & that they were easy! i'll be knockin' on your door next time i get paid :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails